School’s out and it’s time to dig into reading at the Library! Sign up for our 2013 Summer Reading Program, “Dig Into Reading”. Then you can participate all summer long by attending special programs and tracking your reading. You can earn prizes, too, including a ticket to the Topsfield Fair in the fall (for those entering grades K-6). Sign up today!
Find us online at: readsinma.org/Lynnfield
Keep track of how many days you read, and what you read, online or on paper. Any reading counts!
- Picture books, easy readers, fiction and nonfiction
- Graphic novels
- Magazines, newspapers
- Blogs and online content
- Listening to audiobooks
- Listening to someone else read (even at a Library-sponsored program!)
Each day you do 15 minutes or more of reading, you can count towards prize thresholds:
- Reach 25 days, and you’ll win 1 Book Buck towards anything in our Summer Reading prize ‘store’
- Reach 35 days, and you’ll win 2 additional Book Bucks
- Reach 45 days, and you’ll win 3 additional Book Bucks
- If you’re in grades K-6, you’re eligible for a special challenge – read 50 days this summer, and you’ll win tickets for admission, a ride, and lunch at the Topsfield Fair in the fall!
We’re also bringing in some very special performers this summer. Be sure to mark on your calendars:
- Concert with Charlie Hope: Thursday, July 11; 2:00 p.m.
- Didgeridoo Down Under: Saturday, August 10; 10:oo a.m.
“Dig Into Reading” is sponsored by the Lynnfield Public Library, the Massachusetts Library System, the Boston Bruins, and the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners.
Please call Laura or Pam in the Youth Services Department with any questions at 781.334.5411.